It’s been a long time since I looked for a new App for Twitter on Android, I have been using Twitter’s app for about 2 years now and have been pretty happy with it overall.
But the other day I was in the app store looking to see if Twitter had a standalone app for managing ads, I didn’t find that I did find a bunch of Twitter apps that I was surprised to see.
I say that because about 2 years ago the pickings were pretty slim, you had some good ones like TweetCaster and Plume and that was about it. But now, there are about 10 good options you can choose from to fit your needs.
For me, I have a few account for me and couple clients so being able to manage and maintain multiple accounts easily is always my biggest want.
Seeing all the great option I decided to grab 8 of the best Twitter Android app that I think will fit all your needs as a blogger or entrepreneur.
My list of 8 includes some apps that have been around a long time, like Twitter, Plume, Tweetcaster and I mixed in some newer options like Tweecha, Fenix and Twitpane.
All the apps are free to download with the exception of the last one “Talon”.
Lets get to the list – The 8 Best Twitter Apps for Android.
Twitter is a free app for Android that lets you connect with people, express yourself, and discover more about all the things you love.
- Get breaking news. Stay informed with the local and global news that matters to you most, as it happens.
- Go behind the scenes at exclusive events like the Oscars, the Emmys, the MTV VMA’s and the World Cup.
- Express yourself with text, photos, emoji, emoticons, video, GIFs and Vines.
- Use hashtags (like #NFL) to find more Tweets about topics you love.
- Get closer to people who interest you, including celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Harry Styles and Rihanna.
- Share Tweets with apps like Facebook, Whatsapp, Kik, LINE, email and SMS.
- Tweet links from sites like YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Spotify and Pandora.
Plume is a beautiful and completely customizable Twitter app that will revolutionize the way you use Twitter! Brought to you by the authors of the popular Beautiful Widgets.
- Multiple twitter accounts support
- Lockscreen widget (Android 4.2+)
- Mute twitter users, word or applications
- Picture preview in timeline, large view of images with pinch to zoom
- Twitter geotagging
- Internal browser
- Share photo with Twitter, Twitpic, YFrog, Mobypicture, MyPict.me
- Bit.ly support for your URLs
- Inline twitter conversation
TweetCaster has a gorgeous look with an intuitive interface that makes it super easy to use while packing in tons of features and optimized for both phones and tablets.
- Multiple Twitter Accounts – Manage and easily post to multiple Twitter accounts
- Facebook – Simultaneously post to Twitter and Facebook
- Notifications – Get notified of new tweets, mentions, messages, or by specific user. Notifications are expandable and actionable.
- Smart Lists – The best way to use Twitter Lists, including robust list management and viewing tools
- My Stats – Up-to-the-minute tally of stats includes Most Retweeted, Most Mentioned, Most Favorited, & many more
- Photo previews – View previews and open photos from most image services, including Instagram
- Speak Tweets – Tap microphone on New Tweet screen to speak instead of typing
- Schedule Tweets – Compose a tweet and send later or send to Buffer
- Streaming – Tweets are streaming in real-time when connect via WiFi
- Color Code Tweets –Color code your Tweets and mentions
- Long Tweets – Use Twitlonger to tweet over 140 characters
- Who to Follow – Suggests people to follow
Tweecha is a very useful Twitter client for Android. It allows easy access to show conversations, images, and replies to your friends while displaying the original message.
- Manage multiple accounts
- Mute user, app and text
- Conversation view on tweet detail screen
- Mark as read, or unread
- Manage multiple accounts- Showing full size image on display
- Translation function (long press on tweet, work with Google translation app)
- Twitter Lists: push lists button to access lists
- Profile View shows tweet, follows, followers, favorites, listed counts
- Following list, Followers list.
- Tweet ways: Tweet, replay, retweet, qt, favorites.
- Sharing: share tweet, share text, and share URL
TwitPane is a light weight and powerful Twitter app and is more useful and customizable app than official app.
- Supports HTTP/2.0 & SPDY(10% faster than the other app to communicate. HTTP/2.0 and SPDY is supported in android 4.1
- Customizable tabs
- Multiple twitter accounts support(free:3accounts, after ad-free bought:5accounts)
- Account switching at the new tweet dialog
- Share photo with Twitter(multiple photo and gif support!), Twitpic, YFrog, Twipple
- Thumbnail photos and rapid image viewer
- Supports vine.co play
- Supports twicca plug-ins
- Color labeling
- Search and trends
- List editing(Create/Edit/Add Member/Delete/etc…)
- Profile and edit
Twidere is a powerful twitter client for Android 4.0+, which gives you a full Material experience and nearly complete (and even better) Twitter feature.
- Pure & Clean Material design works for both Lollipop and pre-Lollipop devices
- Media preview
- Built in image viewer (with animated gif support) and map viewer
- All tabs are customizable
- Direct messages with conversation style
- Extension support like Twicca, but more friendly to users and developers
- t.co link auto expanding
- Multiple account support
- Custom OAuth consumer key/secret
- Custom API Proxy (jtapi recommended, gtap and twip o mode works)
- GZip compressing for API requests
Fenix brings you a fresh Twitter experience for your Android smartphone and tablet. Tired of the same old Twitter apps? Give Fenix a try and you won’t go back!
- Don’t miss any of your account activities. With support for real time updates, you see who’s retweeting, favoriting and following you.
- Clickable timeline links, because every tap count
- Single click to open a user profile, search for an hashtag or open a web link
- Long press to access quick actions (to share, copy or tweet a link)
- Gorgeous conversations layout
- Beautiful images and videos preview, directly from your timeline
- Support for multiple accounts
- Swipe all the things! You can swipe through all the app sections, swipe to close a tweet or even swipe to compose a new tweet.
- Quick access to all your lists and saved searches
- Mute users, hashtags, Twitter clients or custom keywords
- Internal browser with Readability support
Talon like never before. Bold and beautiful. Created with Android Lollipop and Material Design at it’s center. Talon (Plus) includes stunning and beautiful layouts, eye catching animations, the smoothness you should expect from the latest and greatest apps.
- Live streaming support
- Support for 2 accounts
- Favorite users
- Night mode
- Activity Page for new followers, favorites/retweets, and mentions
- Twitter GIF support
- Expand tweets right from your timeline for quick interaction
- Clickable and long clickable links, hashtags, and @ mentions
- Expandable, actionable, and dynamic notification system
- Native YouTube and Vine player
- In-app browser
- Widget for main timeline and unread counts
From what I have found and used, these are the best Twitter apps for Android to date. It doesn’t matter what your needs are, one or all of these apps will help you get things done when you are away from your computer.
Have any other Twitter apps I missed? Share them in the comments below.